Wednesday 14 August 2013

Working With Strictly's Flavia at QVC

It's only Wednesday and already this week has been a manically busy one!
I started Monday with a visit down to London, for 3 QVC shows with professional nail brand OPI. This month I will mainly be introducing the Autumn Winter collection, which is inspired by the chic, cosmopolitan city of San Francisco! I fell in love with the collection at the press launch back in April, which you can read all about here, and this collection features all 5 of my favourite shades this season!






Featuring 5 of OPI's best selling, award winning treatments and 5 professional nail lacquers, for only £23.88, this collection is definitely worth snapping up while you can!





One of the shows also featured professional dancer and star of BBC show 'Strictly Come Dancing', Flavia Cacace and astrologer Russell Grant, who have together created a dance workout DVD, Zalza. I was lucky enough to be sharing the set and a dressing room with the pair, who were an absolute joy to work with.



Prior to going to air, I prepped Flavia's nails with OPI Non Acetone Polish Remover on OPI Lint Free Nail Wipes, which are much more easier to use than cotton wool pads! Next, I buffed Flavia's nails to remove any ridges and dead skin cells. I then applied Matte Nail Envy as a base coat, which not only provides a fantastic base to 'grab' colour, it also treats the nails to wheat protein and calcium which help to strengthen nails! Flavia likes to wear warm red tones on her nails, so the San Fran ruby red First Date At Golden Gate was an obvious choice. Two coats later, I finished her manicure with Rapi-Dry Top Coat and a Rapi-Dry drops, meaning Flavia was free to finish her preparation for the show! 

I will be back on air Thursday 22nd at 11am and Thursday 29th at 1pm if you want to try these gorgeous new colours for yourself!
Having fun on air at QVC!





No comments:

Post a Comment