Tuesday 20 August 2013

Illamasqua- Sacred Hour Collection

I know I shouldn't be wishing the Summer away, but I am really loving all the new collections available on the high street right now. And if there is one beauty collection I always look forward to, it's got to be Illamasqua.

Sacred Hour, which is now available nationwide after a period of exclusivity at Selfridges, is one of the most wearable collections they have launched. Each and every product could be worn by any age group and even by the most colour shy. A tad different from the Paranormal collection then.

Illamasqua describe Sacred Hour in this poem-
'I lay down my body in surrender to the elements. My spirit soars, wiser than before. A raw force of nature. Yet I conquer. Stronger. I arise victorious. I am the dawn spirit. A am the dusk warrior. This is the universe. I am magic. Welcome to the sacred hour.'



First up its the Reflection Palette, which following the Paranormal palette, is a water resistant, silicone formula, which feels a bit like a soft putty to apply. I personally like to apply these with my finger tips to the lid area, then for a stronger, evening look, layer a complimentary powder on top.
The four shades are all gorgeous metallics- a soft gold, taupe, grey and bronze, shot through with a beautiful shimmer.


Next is the stunning cream-to-powder Velvet Blusher, available in two dusky tones, Sleek being a coral and Peaked a rose. Simple to apply with either fingers or a brush, these leave a pretty flush of colour to cheeks, without looking overly made up.

My favourite item from the collection is Shard lipstick, the perfect Autumn lip colour and one that will be my handbag staple. The red-violet tone suits most skin tones, and is a softer way to embrace a red lip. Definitely a worth while buy!!
L-R. Sleek, Peaked and Shard Lipstick

Suffering from an end of summer sleep meltdown (I know I certainly am!) then you need the brightening, concealment of Skin Base Lift. Designed to disguise uneven under eye pigmentation and appear to visibly lift the area, it's also really easy to blend with fingers. Not only is this available in a wide range of shades, you can also mix in a touch of White Light, which adds an extra brightening effect when we need it! (Monday morning essential for me!)

Finally the collection also includes a gorgeous set of fluttering lashes and two new nails colours-Facet and Hemlock, which can be worn alone or together. 

I truly adore this collection, and can't wait to start using them not only on myself but on my clients too!

No comments:

Post a Comment