Friday 16 August 2013

Autumn Winter Make-up Ideas

This week I have really been embracing Autumn. From introducing the latest OPI nail lacquer shades to the audience of QVC,  to rocking the 90's inspired tartan trend, Summer seems well and truly behind me.

So whilst I have been busy wearing rich burgandys, deep plums and ruby reds on my nails, I have been incorporating similar tones in my make-up, especially for my work in front of the camera.

My absolute favourites in my make-up bag this season have to be from Illamasqua. Funnily enough, my faved three Illamasqua items, aren't from the latest collection (more on this soon!) or even the previous one. No, these beauties have been available for a good while! 
For sultry burgundy eyes, to enhance my OPI San Francisco Polishes, I have been using the Complement and Empower palettes. 



  1. Starting with the taupe liquid metal from the Complement palette, I sweep over my eyelid and blend upwards using my fingertips, keeping the area immediately below my brow clean. 
  2. Next, on a tapered brush (I LOVE my Charles Fox ones- I have three!!) I apply the rich burgundy shade from Complement to the centre and outer third of my socket line. Blending back and forth.
  3. On a fluffy brush, such a as Crown Brushes C433, take the light warm taupe shade from Empower palette and blend the top of the burgundy working upwards towards the brow. 
  4. Apply the champagne shade from Complement to the area beneath the arch of the brow and blend into the warm taupe.
  5. On a small pencil brush, dot the deep purple from Complement into the outer corners of the eye and blend inwards and up into socket line.
  6. Mix the light pink from Empower and champagne from Complement together and apply to the lid and inner corners of the eye.
  7. I finished the look with Estee Lauder DoubleWear Eyeliner in Black and two coats of Art Deco Dita Von Teese Golden Vintage Lash Designer mascara.
For the flawless complexion needed on HD TV, I like to use Kryolan Concealer Wheel to any blemishes and under eye darkness and blend with Make-up Forever HD Foundation. Next, for a complimentary warm pink cheek, I am OBSESSED with Illamasqua Cream Pigment in Androgen blended from my apples upwards onto my cheekbones with Crown Brushes C404 Dual Fibre brush. For longevity, I lightly blend Art Deco Dita Von Teese Golden Vintage Blusher on top. Finishing with a warm, deep rose pink lip from MAC and a slick of gloss from MUA (bargain price of £1 and non-sticky!) and I'm ready to go on set!

Wearing my AW look backstage at QVC

No comments:

Post a Comment