Thursday 29 August 2013

Charlotte Tilbury Beauty Collection

After a morning working at QVC, and a lunchtime spent picking up kit essentials at BeautyMart I headed over to Selfridges, Oxford Street, for the soft launch of Charlotte Tilbury's new beauty collection.

With 20 years of experience in the make-up business, Charlotte's aim with her first collection is to guide the customer with their purchases and make application super simple, with step-by-step instructions. She's also made it fun to choose your look, by picking from one of her 5 daytime and 5 evening looks, ranging from Rebel to Glamour Muse . 


I even adore the packaging, which is inspired by the Art Deco era, with gorgeous gold embellishing. A real treat for your dresser.

This week Charlotte is launching her eye products at a smaller stand in London's Selfridges store, before moving to their larger counter and releasing her full collection, including brushes, Skincare and a full make up range.


After having a good browse of the range, creating a colourful mosaic on the back of my hand (you can always tell a make up artists on the tube by their hands!) and meeting the legendary make up artist herself,  I was lucky enough to sit down and enjoy having my make up done for a change!





     I decided on the 'Bombshell' look, which features warm sultry smokey eyes, which I could easily wear with my signature red lip. My make up artist was excellent and talked me through each product she used.

She started with Dolce Vita Quad eyeshadow (£38), and followed the directions Charlotte has insisted on having printed on the back of the palettes. The palest shade, a lightly shimmered nude, was applied from lid pub. Next a warm mid brown was buffed into my socket line to create subtle smokiness which enhance the blue of my eyes. For extra definition, the darkest brown was applied to the outer corners of my eyes and into the socket line. Finally, the golden shimmer shade was applied to the lid area only, giving a great pop of colour.



For added sultriness, she lined my eyes with Charlotte's famed Rock N Kohl in Bedroom Black, which was smudged into my lash line, helping my lashes look fuller. This liner is between a liquid and a kohl- it has the smooth application of a liquid but with the blendibilty of a kohl. Its also claimed to have 14 hours of transfer proof wear. A definite purchase for me!
 She finished my eyed with two coats of Charlotte's mascara, which is infused with collagen, to condition lashes during wear.

The products used to create The Bombshell look
Sorry about picture quality! But heres my finished look!
























I was lucky enough to try Miracle Cream too, which feels divine, velvety like a primer and shot through with a natural glow.  My artist used this to clean up any eyeshadow drop-age, before concealing any under eye darkness with Charlotte's concealer. I can't wait to purchase this concealer- it's so lightweight in texture but heavily pigmented to hide even a sleepless night. Plus teamed with Miracle Cream, they leave skin looking plump and well rested.
 A must with my current schedule! 

Charlottes full collection is available from Monday September 2nd, and I fully recommend you take a look! Well, if Charlotte is good enough for Kate and Cara, her products are definitely good enough for my kit!

Swatches of all the products!



1 comment:

  1. Beautiful finished look;) what lip and cheek products did they use on you? Gorgeous:)

    ReplyDelete