Tuesday 27 August 2013

Colour Blocking Shoot

This week not only did I receive the Swimwear shoot images, I received these stunning colour blocking images too!

Once again shooting with photographer Michelle Wilson of MSW Photography, stylist Louise Dwyer and model Ksenija of Nemisis agency, this shoot was focusing on strong colour and lightly inspired by the cult series 'Mad Men'. 



                  

With a flawless complexion created by using Kryolan Dermacolour and Make-up Forever HD Foundation (Which you can find over at make-up mecca Guru Make-up Emporium!) and simple contouring using Tom Ford Shade and Illuminate, I kept the strong colour on lips and nails.

In the pink styling images, I used Art Deco Lip Lacquer in Creamy Cerise and OPI nail lacquer 'Charged Up Cherry

For the yellow and blue styling, I used Kryolan Lip Stain in Rock, which complimented my favourite red OPI nail lacquer perfectly (typically a limited edition!) 'Off With Her Red' from the Alice In Wonderland collection. 
You could also try OPI Nail Lacquer in Cookie or Big Apple Red for a similar look.






For the ultimate Mad Men hair, I prepped Ksenija's hair using Babyliss Heated Rollers before backcombing the roots and inserting a hair pad from So Coco Rouge to create instant lift.
I then pinned the length of Ksenijas hair in flat rolls to the nape of the neck. Finishing with TIGI Bed Head products Head Rush, After Party and Hard Head.

No comments:

Post a Comment