Tuesday 3 September 2013

From the archives- SS11 Charlie Le Mindu


As Fashion Week season rapidly approaches us once again, I decided to look back in my writing archives and unearth an early piece on my first ever london fashion week show- Charlie Le Mindu SS11, three years ago.



Enjoy! 

It has always been a huge dream of mine to work at London Fashion Week, and what happened this weekend comes close enough for now!

Whilst tweeting last Thursday I came across MarieClaireUK's competition to win seats to the fabulous Charlie Le Mindu show on Sunday. I entered, thinking I wouldn't have a chance of winning- and to my surprise I did!!!

So, Saturday evening after a manic wedding with make-up artist Sarah Morten, off I went to London, dragging my mum in tow!

We arrived at Victoria House, Bloomsbury bright and early Sunday morning to be greeted by a large queue of some of the most eccentric dressers I have ever seen. Each and every person looked amazing and individual-a lot they reminded me of make-up artist Alex Box's style and I'm sure many of them are/will be illamasqua devotee's!!!

After a short wait we were shown into the venue, and mum and I took are seats on the second row! Sat opposite us was a women in an inflatable/plastic suit accessorised with a matching dog! If anyone knows who this is please let me know- I'm so intrigued!!!



Not long after the lights dimmed and music from Kap Bambino hushed us all to silence.

The collection showcased lots of leopard print, black, bubblegum pink, lime green and of course Hair and Hairpieces!!

Two of the models walked nude apart from neon pink heels and their amazing headpieces. I'm sure this move will prove controversial in the press this week- but I personally found my focus was only on the hair and make-up, and only realised they were naked when they had past me!!!

Images of every model available here-


The Make-up was quite dramatic considering it was a Spring Summer collection- dark Kohl rimmed eyes, strong dark brows and lips lined black and blended gradually to red.

I'm not sure who the make-up team were but each and every lip was perfect!

I thoroughly enjoyed the show- although think being backstage is defiantly more me!!

Fingers crossed for A/W 11?!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment