Thursday 5 September 2013

AW13 Manicure Trends

From nail art, to matt textues and pointed tips, this year nails have been a big part of creating a look bang on the seasons trend.
This year especially has seen the rise of the 'Ring Finger Manicure'- where you select a deeper, brighter or shimmery shade to accent the one nail. Perfect for those who want to dip their polished toes into the deep waters of show stopping nails.

But thanks to Moschino, theres a new mani in town.

Moschino nails by Marianne Newman
At their Cheap & Chic AW13 show back in February, maicurist Marianne Newman created stunning deep dark nails with hot pink accents on the thumb and forefinger. This complimented the black lips and flashes of pink in the models hair perfecltly. 





So being a nail obsessive I had to give it a go, so off I ran to my cupboard- yes I know CUPBOARD- of OPI Nail Lacquer. After a weekend of dark, cloudy rain in Berlin, I was definitely feeling Autumnal- so I chose classic shades You Don't Know Jacques with Lincoln Park After Dark as my accent shade. 

Starting with Matte Nail Envy, which my nails are in dire need of with this changing weather, before I painted two coats of each shade. 
For a glossy high shine finish, plus treatment, I finished with Original Nail Envy.




Incognito Sausalito



Pompeii Purple



Fancy re-creating the Moschino look?! 
If you are following this seasons leather clad punk trend, make sure you pick up the OPI Spirit of Punk collection exclusive to QVC UK this Saturday at 9pm! 




Containing 2 of the latest Autumn Winter San Francisco collection- deep blue 'Incognito Sausalito' and metallic silver 'Haven't The Foggiest' and hot fuchsia pink 'Pompeii Purple'.
I'll be trying Incognito Sausalito with a french mani style tip of Haven't the Foggiest, complete with Pompeii Purple accent thumb and forefingers!
Haven't The Foggiest

No comments:

Post a Comment