Wednesday 25 September 2013

OPI Christmas 2013

Dare I mention the C word?! Is it late enough into the year to start discussing the festive period?!
I, for one are nowhere near ready for Christmas, but these little beauties I spied at Olympia Beauty this weekend are definitely gently easing me out of my scrooge phase.

You may remember that earlier this year, OPI once again collaborated with an international celebrity- this time Mariah Carey. The Spring Mariah Collection featured a gorgeous bright purple, red and blue alongside a pinky nude and rich plum. This time the HUGE collection of 18 lacquers is packed with "Crème and glitter lacquers including classic reds, champagne gold, and warm burgundies” Says Suzi Weiss-Fischmann, OPI Executive VP & Artistic Director.

After a year of huge success for OPI's unique textured polish, Liquid Sand, this collection features 6 of these shades. With lilac, dark grey, silver, ice blue, warm rose and ice pink,  there is one for us all! I can't wait to try warm rose Make Him Mine on my forefinger and thumb with creme rich burgundy Visions Of Love on my other fingers. Using two romantic shades and names together for the ultimate winter mani!

If you love a high gloss, high glitter finish, I'd suggest applying two coats of your favourite nail lacquer and finish with I Snow You Love Me, which features silver confetti pieces. I'll be teaming it with maroon toned All I Want For Christmas (Is OPI) I wonder if this shade will become as famous as it's musical namesake?!

Then, there is the predicted sell out. Remember last years 18 Carat Gold top coat from the Bond collection?! Well, it's back! This time it's White Gold and Silver Leaf, which when applied, adds a beautiful 'shatter style' gleam to any manicure. I also love the packaging of this item. The soft cream, quilted design screams luxury Chanel. A great treat for a loved ones Christmas socking! (Friends take note!!)

This collection is available from your local OPI salon soon. You can also purchase from QVC on October 22nd, where you can watch the lovely Lisa and Miglena!



No comments:

Post a Comment