Friday 7 September 2012

Vogue Fashion Night Out

Luckily for me, I happened to be working down in London this week! Which meant I could FINALLY attend a Vogue Fashion Night Out!! In a nutshell FNO was the brainchild of Vogue's Anna Wintour. The event encompasses fashion and music , with guest lists mixing of celebrities with the general public, to celebrate, shop and raise money for the Refuge charity.

First up we headed over to Carnaby Street (I resisted my favourite shop, Liberty, knowing that once in there I very rarely leave!) to an event being held by Think Publicity, who SCR Pro regularly supply creatives to. This event was celebrating the millinery talent of Rosie Olivia and a chance to showcase her AW12 and SS13 collections. Rosie is currently stocked in Fenwicks on Old Bond Street and thorough website Love Hats, which even lets you virtually try on her creations!!

I was lucky enough however to try one on for real!! I love this little leopard number, and think it should become part of my daily attire!!


Next stop was the Chanel Pop Up Boutique in the heart of Covent Garden- well with a business called Coco, how could I not?! Myself and my long time friend and designer Jen (Vasey Knitwear) tried all the new products including the gorgeous Coco Noir fragrance, which may be knocking my favourite Mademoiselle off its shelf!!








Our favourite items however were the limited edition Vogue lipstick and nail varnish sets, which you bought from a special Chanel vending machine!!! I couldn't even get near the machine to grab a pic myself, so here is good old Twitters version!!!
As a make-up artist I always love looking at little touches like these face charts. They were presented in a gorgeous Rouge (how fitting!) book and featured in depth step by step instructions on how to use the new products to create this seasons hottest looks.


The weather this week has been gorgeous- finally Summer has arrived!! If like me you suffer with humidity hair (thankfully I'm not as bad as Monica in that episode of Friends!!) then this ingenious idea from GHD is right up your street!!





This space ship looking vehicle is in fact a pop up hair salon, which parked itself in the centre of Covent Garden!
Passers by were able to drop in for a wash and blow dry at the fraction of the cost of a London salon.
However- I definitely wasn't brave enough to sit in the crowds with wet hair! Would you be?!


No comments:

Post a Comment