Friday 14 September 2012

LFW Day One

This morning was a tad different to the most.... its  not everyday you are sat on the tube surrounded by a gaggle of 6ft beautiful yet unique looking models and plentiful stressed out journo's rushing from venue to venue, skinny Starbucks in one hand, blackberry in the other- it can only mean one thing.
Day One of London Fashion Week.
 
I have loved Fashion Week for as long as I can remember. In fact I'm pretty sure I strutted my first steps inspired by the likes of Christy Turlington and Naomi Campbell. So being in London during this period feels like home. A busy, stressful one mind.
 
Over the next week I thought I would post a few of my favourite make-up, hair and nail looks that have been showcased. And no doubt, before long I will be showing you the interpretations we create back at So Coco Rouge!!
 
Antoni and Alison kicked things off this morning with an explosion of vivid colour and unique eye make-up. I love the concept- bright blue and green shadow, applied randomly leaving a naked centre panel on both the lid and under eye area. Cheeks were lightly contoured and lips left soft and nude.
Although I can't see this exact look transpiring onto the high street, I think we can easily take inspiration from it! Definitely one for Robyn and I to play around with back in the studio!!
Hair was keep slick and simple, looks like the pixie crop really is here to stay.
(typical as I'm growing mine out!!)

Image- Vogue.co.uk
 
At Maria Grachvogel, the nails immediately jumped to my attention. Reminiscent of my school days producing a french polish with tippex- the pure white nails will be perfect against with a sun kissed glow next summer. I can't wait for Katy, our Beauty Therapist at SCR to try the look out on me, using our favourite brand OPI. Make-up was kept clean and simple, with a touch of a pink stain to enhance the models lips. Hair was again inspired by the playground- centre parting, tight braids and plaits- which have funnily enough be highly requested this month. Perhaps us Liverpool girls really are ahead of the trends?!!
Image- Harvey Nichols Pintrest


Then, at Corrie Nielsen we had a much more advant garde approach with make-up. Not a favourite look, but one that definitely made me sit up and take note! A selection of warm toned red's and peaches were buffed into the models skin, with the deepest concentration of colour around the hairline, blending down towards the cheek area.  Gelled side parting with textured crimped lengths gave the models hair an ombre effect, something which is still pretty big this AW.
 
Image- Vogue.co.uk
 
 
All in all a fantastic start to SS13- long may it continue!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment