Sunday 24 November 2013

Viva Las Vegas!

It's been a little while since I've had two minutes spare to sit down with a coffee and get into my writing. Why?! Well I've been off enjoying some time off in Las Vegas of all places!

A fortnight ago I headed off to Sin City with a group of family friends for one of my oldest friends wedding. In fact I've known her since she was a 'twinkle in her dad's eye' as they say, so watching her get hitched left me feeling pretty ancient!

Hen Party madness




Vegas has never really been a place on my wish list- I've always been far more interested in visiting LA, San Francisco and New York, but I must admit, I loved it from the moment we touched down! 

Which to be honest isn't surprising, since an hour after landing I was out with the girls creating hen party madness- which included an aussie strip show, dancing out the sunroof of a limo before strutting our stuff on the famed Coyote Ugly bar. It wasn't any surprise that a relaxing spa day at Donald Trump's hotel came as a welcome activity the next morning!




Room with a view!





Once the hen party madness and spa day bliss was done and dusted, and one long jetlagged sleep later, it was time for the bride and groom to say I do!

After a busy morning pampering the bridal party, it was time to jump in the limo's and head down to Lake Mead for a stunning lakeside ceremony, complete with laughs and bucket loads of tears. 
Of happiness may I add!

The bride looked stunning, (if I do say so myself!!) and I'll share how I created her bridal hair and make-up in a few weeks!

Little bridesmaid selfie!







Ceremony over, and it was back to the famous 'Strip' to toast the new Mr and Mrs Corrigan!
With a few days of holiday left, I spent my time exploring the city, dancing and singing along to Rod Stewart at the famous Caesers Palace Collosium, and jumping in a helicopter to see the Grand Canyon. Which is an experience I would happily do on a daily basis!

I REALLY want a helicopter of my own!









A make-up junkee can't visit the US without a splurge at Sephora, so I'll share my spends with you all in the next few weeks.

But for now, it's back to the sofa, with a kingsized duvet and a hot water bottle. Little bit different from spending last week in shorts and tee's!

No comments:

Post a Comment