Wednesday 10 July 2013

Kryolan Lip Stain

The sun is shining, the birds are singing and the postman has been with a parcel from my favourite make-up grotto, Charles Fox. Today, I am one happy girl! So, what was inside this parcel that made a girl grin from ear to ear like it was Christmas day? The latest lip products from Kryolan- Lip Stain and Lipstick Sheer! 

First up, its the Lip Stain. (You can read all about the Lipstick Sheer in a few days, I won't keep you in suspense for that long!)

Kryolan Lip Stain in Jazz
Packaged like a lip gloss, these tubes of loveliness contain 4ml of intense, rich colour. It's pretty obvious, before you have even unscrewed the applicator  that the formula is thicker and creamer than most lip stains and are jam packed with pigment. But from a professional brand like Kryolan, that has been creating industry standard make-up for over 65 years, I wouldn't expect any less. 



Now, which shades to choose? Lip Stain is available in 8 shades, including vibrant pink, sultry plum and a variety of nude hues to suit all skin tones, but it's the names in particular that drew me in. These are all named after a type of music- well it is festival season after all! Being a very indecisive girl, I listen to most types of music, but Jazz (especially the gypsy jazz, electro swing, feels like your in Paris in the 20's, drinking illegally type) is one of my favourites to listen too. 
So, the pretty apricot tone 'Jazz' was choice number 1.
Choice number 2? Well, I couldn't not choose a red could I?! 
So, the vibrant cherry red made its way into my make-up kit too.



















Kryolan Lip Stain in Rock
The applicator is a great quality lip brush, which I find are much better than the typical sponge/wand type. A brush won't absorb product and won't drag on the delicate lip area.
Before we apply however, I would seriously recommend lining our lips first. Even as a daily red lip wearer, and someone that can do 30 lip applications on a mega busy make-up day, I struggled to get a precise, crisp application, especially at the cupids bow. Having a guideline edge, just makes applying a liquid colour much easier- and who doesn't want an easier, quicker application on a stressful morning!


Although this is a liquid stain, the colour dries quickly onto lips, leaving a strong block of colour. Leaving a matte finish, it doesn't however feel drying or tight like some stains I have tried previously, in fact, I think the finish is  pretty similar to Lime Crimes famous Velvetines.
Matte, but with a soft sultry finish. 

After a 9am application, I was delighted to find that after 3 glasses of wine, a hefty BBQ and a very hot and humid gig  my lip colour was still in place, and as vibrant as ever. This is most certainly smudge proof, water proof and long lasting!
Plus, being the hottest day of the year, I was delighted to find Lip Stain even contains UV-B filters- stunning, bold colour and sun protection, this is practically unheard of. 

So, how do we get this off?! Simple! Take your eye make-up remover on a cotton pad and sweep over your lips. and voila, normal lip service resumed.

All in all, I adore this lip stain, as to be honest, I knew I would.
Not only will this be a new make-up bag staple, it will be my go to lip product when working on a long days shoot in this lovely hot summer we are currently having. 
Because you know, even us pro's hate having to re-apply lip colour!



No comments:

Post a Comment