Sunday 14 October 2012

From Berlin With Love!

Having the So Coco Rouge salon in a leafy area of the city is idyllic. Well, that is until autumn approaches and you find your front door blocked with golden leaves!
 
Now is the perfect time to indulge in the latest trends approaching us for AW 12, and experimenting with nail colour is the quickest way to update your look! With a busy week of make-up work and the icy chill we have been experiencing in the North, my nails definitely needed a little love!
 
 OPI is has been one of my favourite beauty brands, since I started my training nearly a decade ago.  It's the nail colour range Katy, our in house Beauty Therapist uses in the salon, and my on-set kit wouldn't be complete without their perfectly sized miniatures!
 
With a free hour to pamper myself, I grabbed my favourite products and set to work!
 

 

As you can see, too much 'alcohol/hygiene' gel and the cold weather had certainly taken its toll- who wants dry, cracked cuticles!!
 
Nothing, a little bit of Avoplex Nail and Cuticle Replenishing Oil won't sort!
This little miracle should be massaged twice a day in the cuticle area (something I WILL be doing from now on!) but can also be used on elbows, knuckles and other dry areas!
 

 
 


What a difference just one application makes!
 
 
Now to decide which shade of lacquer I would try first this season!
OPI releases a large variety of limited edition colours each year, all inspired by the latest Hollywood film, catwalk fashion or art.
 
This Autumn Winter the  collection's I will be sporting will be the Germany Collection, inspired by the latest fashionable city, Berlin, and the SkyFall range to celebrate the latest Bond film and 50 years of Bond.
 
After much deliberation, I decided to try a nude shade from the Germany range.
My Very First Knockwurst is a beautiful nude with rosy undertones, ideal for a pale complexion like mine!
 
To prevent my nails from staining, and to ensure my varnish stays chip free all week, I firstly applied Natural Nail Base Coat followed by two of my chosen colour. For extra protection and added shine I finished with a Top Coat.
 
 
 
OPI make application really easy- even when trying to do your opposite hand!! Their exclusive ProWide brush ensures an even application, in three easy strokes!
 
Voila! Gorgeous nails ready to compliment my AW leathers!
 
 
 
 
(Sorry about the quality of this image! I think my camera was a little dazzled by these beauties!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment