Wednesday 9 October 2013

Kryolan Berlin

Time is really flying- I can't believe it's over a month since I took myself off to Berlin for a few days!
I've been hankering to visit Berlin for a few years now, and when a few days off and a mega cheap deal popped up, I packed my bags and jetted off. I stayed at the stunning Grand Hotel Esplanade, which is famed for its cocktail bar, Harry's, where jazz music is played nightly and the cocktails are seriously impressive- I would definitely recommend the Espresso Martini.
So, right up my street really!

During my long weekend, I explored the city, educated myself on the Berlin Wall and enjoyed a day of flea market shopping, German cuisine eating and dancing to an electro DJ in Mauer Park. And then it was time to shop. Well, a girl has to try the local spending delights!

First on my list, was the Kryolan professional make-up store on Kurfürstendamm. As a huge fan of this brand, I was ecstatic to try their products in a store dedicated to them. As much as I love Charles Fox in London, having a large store solely stocked with Kryolan was an absolute treat- and the staff there couldn't have been more helpful.




Filled with every Kryolan product available, the back-cataloge of Make-up International magazine and a range make-up trolleys, bags and rolls, this store must be a god send to all Berlin MUA's.






They also stocked a great selection of Dermacolor, a camouflage make-up used by professionals and consumers to disguise scars, pigmentation and tattoos. However, I also use this to conceal blemishes, redness and under eye darkness. 
It's one of the  products I certainly could not work without.



If you are a make-up artist or student and have never tried Dermacolor, I'd suggest starting with one of their Mini Palette's which are available in a variety of shades. You can mix the shades together for a custom blend, and I usually use around 3-4 different shades on each client, depending on the pigmentation on areas of the skin.
The Dermacolor Fixing Spray is another great buy. Applied after concealer and setting powder, this spray gives extra protection, leaving the camouflage in place for longer, and totally smudge proof. 
There is also the Dermacolor Light range, which we recommend to our customers at So Coco Rouge, who like the coverage offered with Dermacolor, but like a lighter coverage during the day.

If you are planning on visiting the vibrant city of Berlin, make sure Kryolan is on your shopping spree- you make-up lovers out there will not regret it!








No comments:

Post a Comment