Thursday 16 May 2013

NYX Cosmetics


I'm always on the lookout for new products to try, much to my business partner
Robyn's horror. (the So Coco Rouge studio literally has boxes and boxes full of
my random purchases over the years. Neon yellow eyeshadow anyone?!)
This weeks cheeky purchase is from LA based brand NYX Cosmetics- who are famed for their
on-trend shades, strong pigments and amazing colour payoff.
NYX, founded by Toni Ko and launched in 1999, is the talk of most beauty bloggers and 
professional make up artists- and always one to jump on the bandwagon, I wanted
my chance to try these beauties too!
The NYX UK website is jam packed with tempting images of their latest offerings-
I'm already planning on purchasing their Soft Matte Lip Cream and The Curve liner next- but 
today I headed straight to the Jumbo Eye Pencil section on the hunt
for Karla Powell's new favourite, Milk.


This bright white pencil is made with a blend of mineral oil and powder pigments
enabling an easy application with no pulling on the eyelid. All NYX Jumbo Eye
Pencils can be worn alone, but Robyn and I decided to try this as a base to
eyeshadow. The waxy texture is perfect for loose pigments to adhere to, and a
great way of enhancing the vibrancy of any eyeshadow shade.
 A definite kit must have. 
Left- Milk alone. Middle-Shadow alone. Right- Shadow over Milk.

Being a Liverpool based salon, our clients love a bit of sparkle, so glitter was 
another definite purchase! Usually we tend to stick to MAC loose glitters, but 
as NYX offered such a great selection at a bargain price, it seemed rude not to 
pick some to try!

I love warm golden tones, so Hot Gold Glitter was a must! Starting with my Jumbo 
Pencil in Milk, applied straight to the entire lid then smoothed using my 
fingertips, I then blended MAC Copper Ring into the socket line. Teaming this with MAC Carbon in the outer corner, the finishing touch was Hot Gold Glitter on
the lid, which created the perfect 'Glitter Smoke' as us scousers call it!

Hot Gold Glitter over Milk
Both Robyn and I were really impressed with these new additions to the SCR kit,
and will definitely be trying our Crystal Glitter on our clients this weekend too!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment