Thursday 25 April 2013

Phillip Kingsley Elasticizer

Like the majority of girls I know, I am currently growing my hair. Unlike most girls however, I am feeling like Rapunzel with my shoulder sweeping locks.

After around 4 years of rocking anything from a super short elfin crop to a chin length bob, I decided to finally bite the bullet and adopt a softer, longer look. For a girl who used to see her hairdresser more frequently than some of her own family, avoiding the chop was going to prove difficult. Nothing used to please me more than seeing heaps of red hair on the cutting room floor, and hear the gasps of the extension obsessed girls next to me, on a 4-6 weekly basis.




To the surprise of those around me (and to be fair, me included) I have (so far) grown my hair with ease. The usual 'hitting of the shoulder' moment passed by without the emergency call to the salon, demanding it was swiftly taken back to its resting place on my ear. And now, 16 months on, it casually sits on my collar bone, happy as Larry.

So far, so good. BUT. I am, after all a RED HEAD. And unfortunately, not a natural born one.
If, I could happily embrace my bland, dull, mousey toned hair, I'm sure it would be in mint condition. Dying it on a very regular basis, and not having the very frequent chops I was used to, had left my hair needing a bit of TLC.

This is where two very important things came into my life. 

1. Kelly, hairdresser extraordinaire at So Coco Rouge
2. Phillip Kingsley Elasticizer






















Firstly, working alongside Kelly has proved a god send to my locks. Within hours of her moving in full time, she grasped my barnet in her talented hands and prescribed me a gorgeous new red hue, minus the damage!


Then, Trichologist and genius behind the brand, Phillip Kingsley, came into my life at the QVC Beauty Bash in January. The lovely PK team are great friends with the OPI family, and as the new recruit, they welcomed me with lots of goodies to try!

Here's what the PK team say about their hero product 'Elasticizer- Pre Shampoo Treatment' 

 Healthy hair stretches when wet before returning to its original length when dry.
However hair in poor condition snaps and breaks when stretched. Intensely moisturising Elasticizer delivers a rush of moisture to the hair’s cuticle; suppleness, elasticity and bounce appear instantly without weighing down or coating the hair.


Suitable for all hair types, I was recommended that my colour treated, medium textured hair would require treating once a week. Even busy (or lazy?!) girls like me can work that into their beauty routine!

Simply dampen hair (I used either a spray bottle a la hairdresser style, or tipped my locks into the bathroom sink- oh the glamour) and apply Elasticizer thoroughly in sections. This fragrance free cream, has a similar consistancy to a rich body lotion, and feels highly moisturising.

Once you have worked the treatment into your hair, and combed through using a wide toothed comb, its time to wait it out!

PK recommend leaving the treatment for a minimum of ten minutes- which I guess most people would do whilst in the shower. I on the other hand, decided to rock the provided PK shower cap and enjoy watching the soaps before removing. 

Rinse well, before shampooing as normal, preferably with the Phillip Kingsley product for your hair type. Follow with conditioner- if like me you suffer with oily roots, apply a minimal amount to mid lengths and ends only.

Even whilst wet, my hair felt smoother and in much better condition. 
After blow drying (which, on my own hair, I will be the first to admit, I'm not the best at) my hair had a lovely sheen, and my ends less frizzy.


I have now been using Elatiscizer for 3 months, and although the condition of my hair hasn't improved massively from the initial application, I still feel the same smoothing benefit after every use. If you use the entire PK range (shampoo, conditioner, tonic etc) I am sure you will see a greater benefit than I have experienced.


Costing £27.50, this isn't a cheap product for an initial outlay- but- I have had 12 applications from one tub, which works out as under £2.50 per treatment. 
Much cheaper than a weekly treatment at the salon!

My last word? Definitely a great buy for budding Rapunzels like moi. 
(Especially those with a bad colour habit without a Kelly in their life!!)


No comments:

Post a Comment