Monday, 23 September 2013

Olympia Beauty 2013

As soon as memories of London Fashion Week fade into the distance, it's time to head back down to the capital for the most prestigious beauty event of the year- Olympia Beauty.


With over 400 brands exhibiting, including top brands such as Fake Bake, CNDAirbase and my obvious favourite nail brand, OPI, the Olympia becomes home to over 23k beauty professionals and obsessives over 2 manic days. 

Hundreds of exhibitors
The Pro Make-up Shop Buy
Whilst there, I spied the latest OPI Christmas collection (more on this later in the week!!), picked up the latest hygiene collection from The Pro Make-up Shop and even experienced my first skin analysis- where, thankfully, the result wasn't as shocking as I imagined!! Phew! 

A lovely therapist, called Christine, at the iiaa (International Institute for Anti-Ageing), asked me all about my Skincare routine and which areas concerned me. My main concern at the moment, is the fine lines which seem to have appeared overnight, around my eye area. Given, that I drink nowhere enough water and drink far too much coffee, I'm aware that it could be dehydration- but now I'm on the wrong side of 25, I am starting to worry its time to up the Skincare ante. 





She recommended products from salon range Environ, which I had already heard lots of good things about! I haven't managed to purchase my regime yet- payday just didn't come early enough- but I will certainly be trying them in the future. 

The show is also a great chance to try the latest products, celebrity spot (Amy Childs was there with her tanning brand) watch numerous demonstrations and network with your peers. I really enjoyed the last talk of the day, over at the Nail stage, with famed nail technician Catherine Wong. Catherine, who lives and works in Singapore, is known for her 3D nail art and creating show stopping nails. Not only did she demonstrate two easy looks using gel and traditional polish, she talked us through her new book, which features step-by-step application techniques.

Amy Childs 
Catherine Wong Talk




















I will feature my favourite buy of the day, from Beautiful Brows, in the next few weeks, but to feature every purchase I made would take me until Christmas! But, if you love beauty products like I do- and like to keep ahead of your clients and your competitors, then I most definitely recommend taking a trip to Olympia in 2014!

The Scratch Shoot Out Competition





No comments:

Post a Comment